Top Tourist Spots in the Philippines
1. Boracay - is an island of the Philippines located approximately 315 km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. In 1990, it was voted by the BMW Tropical Beach Handbook as one of the best beaches in the world and again in 1996 by British publication TV Quick as the world's number one tropical beach. In 2007, Boracay island topped the list of the World’s Most Popular Beach according to Yahoo! Travel.
2. Palawan - is an island province of the Philippines located in the MIMAROPA region. Its capital is Puerto Princesa City, and it is the largest province in the country in terms of total area of jurisdiction. The islands of Palawan stretch from Mindoro in the northeast to Borneo in the southwest. It lies between the South China Sea and the Sulu Sea.
3. Camarines Sur -Our Lady of Peñafrancia Church in Naga, 19th century churches in Goa, San Jose and Sagñay. For eco-tourism The world's smallest fish is found in Lake Buhi. There are two active (or considered dormant) volcanoes with trails: Mt. Isarog and Mt. Asog. The beaches of Sagñay and Caramoan have coral reefs, and white and black sand beaches. Naga city has night life and metropolitan needs.
The Camarines Sur Watersports Complex and the Eco Village at the Provincial Capitol located at Cadlan Pili Camarines Sur are very suitable destinations.
4. Baguio City- ourism is one of Baguio's main industries. During the year end holidays some people from the lowlands would prefer spending their vacation in the city. This is for them to experience the cold temperature they rarely get from their home provinces. Also, during the summer season specially during the Holy Week, tourists from all over the country would flock to the city.
5. Sagada, Mountain Province - Sagada is famous for its "hanging coffins". This was a traditional way of burying people that is not utilized anymore. Not anyone was qualified to be buried this way; one had to, among other things, be married and have grandchildren.